Hammers Are Cool

Friday, February 02, 2007

hey all, i just wanted to fill you all in on the crazy college kid.

I'm at about 80% on the ankle, and ill be doing long jump and the shot put this weekend. I cant wait. i love the LJ. At the last meet i got the longest throw(not highest score, lol) on the team in the shot. I'll try to do that again. On a side note, the qualifying marks for the national track meet just came out, and it looks like ill be headed to the national outdoor track meet this year in Fresno, CA for the javelin (and maybe the Decathlon). The automatic qualifier mark is only at 190'3, and since i threw 188' last year with little training and NO form, I'll be going. Everyone open up May 24-26th on their calendars, and I'll do my best to not let you down.

I am also in the process of gettin a new job. the campus security job is basically a joke and it doesnt pay enough. I've been talking to the new owner of Lewis Bowl (bowling alley, imagine that) who just happens to bowl on my team in my league. Its looking good. I'll be a mechanic at one of the two bowling alleys, and I'm trying to get more loans so i can buy a car off a different bowling friend so i can actually get to the job. I'm doing my best to save the money i do get, but there is way to many necessities in college that take it all away.

thank you all for the support and ill let you all know how track comes along the rest of the season. love you all

4 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger Scott said…

    Brad: sounds like good stuff. Who's this lurker/spammer that commented on you? Suz: Can you delete it or how do we get rid of unwanted visitors? Fresno in May, I suppose it could be worse..Fresno year round for instance...hehehehe Glad to hear about the job stuff and all the other adult level, money, car, school and life management issues...welcome to the adult world Brad, it basically sucks. Love ya!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Good Old Mom said…

    I too wish to know who this lurker is....anyway...Brad...You know I am 3 hours away from Fresno and I would probably be there except that your LITTLE SISTER graduates about that time....I am commited to going to Iowa for that....I will have to look at my calendar and see what is doable and what isn't....Love NON

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Susie said…

    I removed that tard lurker's post. I made the blog so that anyone can comment, in case you all want to share our wonderfulness with friends or whatever. I'll just delete crap like that guy's spam, though. Consider the crap flushed.

    Update on Brad: He only got in two jumps before the ankle was messed up again. (19 feet something, while messed up... enough to take sixth place, and he could have jumped four more times if he'd been healthy.) He is VERY discouraged about the ankle, and is probably going to give up on indoor track season, and rehab for outdoor season.

    I hate that he worked soooo hard to get (and stay) eligible to compete, and now has had this happen. Pray for him.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Good Old Mom said…

    I talked to him yesterday...He is disappointed that his track meet here happens at the same time as Bonnies graduation....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home