Hammers Are Cool

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

So yes its true we have had some very sad days here in the Butler house. On Tuesday, June 19 I came home to our house being broke into. The Basters kicked in our door, then proceeded to cut, yes cut the closet door that had a dead bolt on it, in half. The dead blot was there because Ryan's guns and his gun safe were behind that door. They got all of them, all 15 guns are gone. He is most upset about the gun that his grandfather gave him that was a collectors item, which cannot be replaced. They then took every child's movie we own, our portable DVD player and the Xbox. It is costing us and eventually the insurance company 2800.00 to fix the front door and closet. It was a very scary thing to have to watch the police go into my house with bullet proof vest and guns drawn. But some blessings in this mess of trouble. My neighbor came home (and possibly scared them away) and saw a black Chevy Malibu running in our drive way, with Illinois plates, so the copes have that description. My neighbor saw the car between 10 and 10:15 and I came home at 10:40, so I could have come home to them in my house with loaded weapons. Some of the DVD's that they took of Steven's we had in another case so we have the videos they have empty cases. I have seen people from our church come out of the woodwork to help us, I don't know what people without a church family do. But the biggest blessing was that Steven wasn't with me and I was able to leave the house unharmed before the police got there. All things considered My God was watching over us on Tuesday.

Love you all,
Ang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home